Ages and Stages
- Written by Anita Hofer
We all want our kids to be great readers, and one of the best ways to foster a love of books is by creating a personal library for your child. A library of their own gives your child a place they can explore new worlds, have great adventures, and learn new and exciting things without leaving home.
- Written by Karen L. Schiltz, Ph.D.; photo: PhotoXpress.com
Chloe has many friends. She is 13 years old. Making and keeping a friend was never a problem for her. The phone is ringing at home and her mother is the ‘driver’ around town. Weekends are packed with playdates at home, with many slumber parties happening. Being invited to birthday parties is a weekly event. Chloe’s mother, Julia, is glad that her daughter has many friends.
- Written by Malia Jacobson, Photo: Photodisc/Thinkstock
Parents everywhere are watching NBC's new show Up All Night, starring Christina Applegate and Will Arnett as the sleep-starved parents of an adorable baby with night owl tendencies. While the show may be funny, nobody wants to live it in real life. To avoid starring in your own version of Up All Night, help get your kids to sleep with these tips.
- Written by Lisa Martinez, Photo: Photo: Brand X Pictures/Thinkstock
Raising children, toddlers in particular, can be an exhausting process. They can be loud, demanding, energetic and curious. This is not to say that the myriad rewards they offer don't more than counter the above-mentioned points, they do.
- Preventing Playdate Pandemonium
- Is Anyone Listening? Are Your Teens And Tweens Tuning You Out
- Tired Teenagers: Why Teens Don’t Sleep Enough, and How to Help
- I Can Do It Myself!Surviving the Not-So-Terrible Twos
- Looking for a Day Home? Need Help Finding the One for You?
- Ask Elizabeth: Too Shy For Words