Ages and Stages
- Written by Sara Marchessault; Photo: PhotoXpress.com
Remember junior high school? Those happy years when childhood starts to melt away and the promise of being a teenager sits on the horizon? With changes in height, voice, skin and hair, we watch our children as they are initiated into the wonderful world of hormonal change. But junior high is about more than hanging out at the mall and dealing with parents who are no longer cool in the eyes of their kids. Being in junior high school also means rising expectations, both in the areas of academics and personal responsibility.
- Written by Stephanie Robson; Photo: PhotoXpress.com
I know with my friends, our kids attained that coveted potty trained status at different ages, some around two, some closer to three-and-a-half and others just before four. Some kids seemed to achieve it rather easily – while others started and revolted, started again, revolted a bit more and then committed. No two potty training stories seemed to be the same.
- Written by Stepper Custom Homes; Photo: PhotoXpress.com
The countdown to when the new baby arrives has begun! Whether you’ve had a baby before, or this is your first bundle of joy, it’s an exciting time for you and your family. While doctor’s appointments and planning for the long-term are being dealt with, there are other aspects to consider. Decorating the nursery can be one of the most important parts of preparing for the new arrival. This is a space that you and your baby are going to be spending a lot of time in, so it’s essential to make it as comfortable as possible for both you and baby.
- Written by Annie MacDonald, M.Ed.; Photo: PhotoXpress.com
Has someone important in your child’s life passed away? As a school counselor, I have worked with many grieving children. Parents often seek guidance when a loved one has passed. Some struggle to find the words that will help their children understand.
- Prepped for Potty Time
- Focus on Feelings - 12 Ways Emotions Guide Teens to Success
- Bust a Mood - 3 Strategies to Calm Beastly Moods
- For Crying Out Loud! Here's Colic Relief for Baby - And You
- Big Steps, Little Strides - You Can Do It By Yourself
- The Splendor of Tweens - 15 Ways to Savor the Sweetness of Your Almost-Teen